SUNCOL - Guar Gum Powder
SUNCOL is a range of natural hydrocolloids, manufactured by Sunita Hydrocolloids Private Limited by using state of the art technology to manage rheological properties of the various food systems.
SUNCOL products are natural hydrocolloids which are galactomannan polysaccharide obtained from ground endosperm of the legume Cyamopsis tetragonolobus.
Fig. 1 – Chemical Structure of SUNCOL
Chemically, SUNCOL is a straight chain galactomannan, has a chain of (1→4)-linked-β-D-mannopyranosyl units with single α-D-galactopyranosyl units connected by (1→6) linkages to, on the average, every second main chain unit (Fig. 1). The ratio of D-mannopyranosyl to D-galactopyranosyl units is about 1.8-2.0:1. The average molecular weight of guaran is in the range of 1-2 ×106 dalton.
The most important property of SUNCOL is its ability to hydrate rapidly in cold water to attain uniform and very high viscosity at relatively low concentrations. SUNCOL is most cost-effective natural hydrocolloid being used in various food & Pharma systems.
The main properties of SUNCOL are:
- It is soluble in hot & cold water but insoluble in most organic solvents.
- It has strong hydrogen bonding properties.
- It has excellent thickening, emulsion, stabilizing and film forming properties.
- It has excellent ability to control rheology by water phase management.
- The viscosity of guar gum is influenced by temperature, pH, presence of salts and other solids.
HS-Code- 130 232 30
CAS No.- 9000-30-0
EEC No.- E 412
BT No.- 1302 3290
EINECS No. – 232-536-8
FEMA No.- 2537
Imco Code- Harmless